About Colonial Ghosts
So, what makes us different from other historic ghost walks of Williamsburg?
The Quality. We are ranked in the Top 10 Best Ghost Tours in the US by US City Traveler in 2014 for Williamsburg and Virginia and are the recipient of the Best of Williamsburg Award 2015 Sightseeing Tour Agency [Read More]. Colonial Ghosts has the top rated ghost tour and Williamsburg ghost walk on Trip Advisor.
- Colonial Ghosts is a historic ghost walk tour through The College of William and Mary and Colonial Williamsburg.
- Our historic ghost walk of Williamsburg tours are held nightly at 8 PM with special select tours at 11 PM.
- We also host private tour groups from school groups to business outings.
- We have been joined by mediums, psychics, paranormal investigators, and many others.
- We have seen activity on our ghost walks, and sometimes we capture them on video or in photos.
- Colonial Ghosts is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business.
The Value. Our historic ghost walk of Williamsburg goes to more locations than any other ghost tour in town. Our standard tour is 90 minutes long compared with 60 minutes from the competition, and we tell stories that others do not! We go deeper into exploring the ghost stories of the College of William and Mary, the first University in the US.
SCARE ALERT: Colonial Ghosts historic ghost walk of Williamsburg is not designed for everybody! It’s designed by adults for adults. Kids enjoy the tour, but we do not let them attend for free, and we do not water it down because of children. Yes, some kids get really scared. That just means we’re doing our job right! We do offer special child-themed private tours.
The Experience. Finally, we're not theatrical and our stories are based off of interviews we have conducted and approved source material. We don’t over embellish stories, and we don’t talk about capturing orbs in photos as ghosts. We take a matter of fact, no nonsense approach throughout the city, with interviews from eyewitnesses of some hauntings. We don’t focus on history unless it relates to the story. We also offer an interactive, GPS-guided mobile ghost tour of Williamsburg for those whose tours were canceled by rain, or for those that want to take a tour privately, or on their own schedule.
Quality is important to us. If you didn't enjoy your experience or your tour guide, please contact us here and tell us how we can improve.
We go on ghost tours to have fun and to be entertained and to listen to the intriguing and spooky tales of the area around us and of the unexplained. We don’t carry lanterns and we don’t dress up. Because we don’t need to. We have fun doing it, and we want you to join us on a Williamsburg Ghost Tour!